Sunday, November 16, 2008

5k Run/Walk

Ok, so on Saturday morning, Beth and I walked a 5k run/walk race for charity. Although we did not quite win, we weren't last! It was snowing and a cold 40 degrees outside, but we pushed through. I finished in 51 minutes, and Beth finished in 56 minutes, but we won't comment on her skipping over part of the course after being peer pressured by the "old ladies" as she says! My time could have probably been a bit better, had my darn toe nail not cut into the side of my other toe. I knew it hurt alot, but didn't want to stop to try and fix it, as I didn't have my nail clippers on me.... When I got home and took off my shoes, there was blood everywhere, so I guess you can say it took blood, sweat, and maybe a few tears to finish my first race. Here are a few photos for your enjoyment!



Beth's big finish, there's no one behind her, but that's because we re-created the finish later.


I did it!



Uh, this is us at the finish line. Shortly after we took this the last place people came through. Guess we weren't all going to be on the medal stand today! :)

1 comment:

emily and kyle said...

So proud of yall! Not jealous though!